Anthony N. Michel
- Born in November 1935.
- Married Leone in 1957. Five children.
- B.S., 1958; M.S., 1964; Ph.D., 1968; Marquette University.
- D.Sc., 1973, Technical University of Graz.
- 1958-1959: U.S. Army, Corps of Engineers.
- 1959-1965: General Motors (AC Electronics).
- 1968-1984: Iowa State University. Assistant, Associate, and Full
- 1984-present: University of Notre Dame.
Frank M. Freimann Professor,
Chair of Department of Electrical Engineering,
Matthew H. McCloskey Dean of Engineering,
Matthew H. McCloskey Dean of Engineering Emeritus.
- Editor, IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems, 1981-1983.
- Program Chair, IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, 1985.
- Corporate Director of the International Engineering Consortium, 1985-1998.
- President, IEEE Circuits and Systems Society, 1989.
- Co-General Chair, IEEE Symposium on Circuits and Systems, 1990.
- Associate Editor at Large, IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, 1991-2000.
- Vice President of Technical Affairs, IEEE Control Systems Society, 1994 and 1995.
- Vice President of Conference Activities, IEEE Control Systems Society, 1996 and
- General Chair, IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, 1997.
- Best Transactions Paper Award of the IEEE Control Systems Society
(with R. D. Rasmussen), 1978.
- Guillemin-Cauer Prize Paper Award of the IEEE Circuits and Systems Society
(with R. K. Miller and B. H. Nam), 1984
- Myril B. Reed Outstanding Paper Award
of the IEEE Circuits and Systems Society
(with K. Wang), 1993.
- Fellow of the IEEE, 1982 (subsequently, Life Fellow).
- IEEE Centennial Medal, 1984.
- Engineering Distinguished Professional Achievement Award, College of
Engineering, Marquette University, 1985.
- Foreign Member of the Russian Academy of Engineering, 1992.
- Fulbright Scholar, 1992.
- Technical Achievement Award of the IEEE Circuits and Systems Society, 1995.
- Distinguished Lecturer of the IEEE Circuits and Systems Society, 1995-1997.
- Alexander von Humboldt Research Award for Senior U.S. Scientists, 1997.
- Distinguished Member Award of the IEEE Control Systems Society, 1998.
- Golden Jubilee Medal of the IEEE Circuits and Systems Society, 1999.
- IEEE Third Millennium Medal, 2000.